Confidence plays a big role in our everyday lives. Feeling some sense of self worth can make us feel powerful and push us to pursue our dreams. People around you will admire your strengths and feel inspired to act the same. It all comes down to believing in yourself and staying positive. Here are our 10 tips to boost your confidence and make you feel unstoppable.
- Live the life you want to live. Don’t let anyone get in the way of your dreams or tell you how you should live your life. We only get one life to live, so live the one you want!
- Smile. It’s contagious. Be happy about the the great things in your life! You’ll feel good and make someone’s day. Plus, smiling is sexy.
- Be kind and generous. This goes hand-in-hand with smiling. Be kind to those around you and radiate happiness. You will automatically come off as more confident and content with what is going on around you.
- Step out of your comfort zone. Try something new and overcome a fear. Maybe it’s signing up for a race, talking to someone new, or standing in the front of your yoga class! The more you do this, the more you’ll feel like you can take on the world!
- Create a “great” list. When all seems to fail or not go your way, write down everything that is great in your life. Write down what you are thankful for, accomplishments, proudest moments, role models and inspirations. Looking at your great list will remind you of the confidence that lives within you.
- Break a sweat. Working out will not only make you feel confident and amazing! It increases your endorphins to help you feel happy, reduces stress and tones your muscles.
- Skip the negativity. Whether you are thinking it or saying it out loud, all negative talk needs to go. Each time you catch yourself saying something unkind about yourself or anyone else, just correct it. This will have a huge impact on how you feel each day.
- Forget about perfection. Strive toward progress, not perfection. Learn to love yourself and be happy with what you have. Trying to reach perfection can often times lead to disappointment or feeling like you have failed. When in reality that’s not true, because perfection does not exist! Imperfections are what make us unique and let our individuality shine through.
- Be yourself. Embrace your personality and individuality. No one in the world is like you, and that is a wonderful thing to think about. Being different is fun. Live a life that feels right to you and rock it. Love yourself in the darkness and light.
- Find the beauty in others. We may catch our selves judging or making assumptions about someone from time to time before even knowing them. Instead of saying something bad, think about all the great things that person may have offer the world. Everyone is beautiful and it is easy to see if we avoid negative thoughts.
“Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit,” E.E. Cummings
Confidence is key. What makes you feel confident? Let us know below!