In a slump these days? Changing your mood is simpler than you think. All you have to do is give up a few things and it will feel as though a weight has been lifted from you. Keep reading to find out what you need to banish in your life.
- Give up your bad spending habits. Nothing causes stress like big bills. Set yourself up with a monthly budget so you don’t wind up facing debt.
- Give up waiting for the perfect moment. Have you been waiting for years to go on your dream vacation or ask your boss for a raise? Now is the time to make those things happen. The truth is, no moment will be the perfect moment, so rip off the band-aid and do it now. You’ll be much more pleased once you get what you have been longing for.
- Give up your social media obsession. Sometimes the constant need to check your Facebook, Twitter and Instagram becomes an obsession — you want to know what’s going on outside of your world rather than enjoying your own experiences. Shut the laptop, put down the phone, and take in some memories for yourself.
- Give up your disorganized life. I know this seems like an unrealistic task, but you can do it! Use this 30-Day Declutter Challenge, and you will feel better than ever. You will spend less time digging through piles of stuff and more time relaxed.
- Give up toxic relationships. If a friend or significant other is bringing more negativity than positivity to your life, it’s time to kick that person to the curb. Constantly forgiving and reconciling is downright exhausting.
- Give up you hesitation to indulge. Consuming yourself with staying on track with diets and strict eating habits can be taxing on your happiness. It’s totally OK to let yourself enjoy a treat every once in a while.
- Give up your packed schedule. Naturally, there’s no way to completely diminish a busy schedule. You can, however, choose one day a week to dedicate to yourself; relax and read a book in the morning, cancel plans you feel obligated to attend, and treat yourself to your favorite activity. You’ll feel totally recharged the rest of the week.
- Give up your yearning to fit in. Yes, sometimes it’s nice to feel like you belong to a group. However, if you have to change your character in order to feel a part of something, is it really worth becoming someone you are not? In the end, you will feel unhappy pretending to be another person.
- Give up living in the past. It’s NEVER worth it to dwell on a past relationship, career or stage of life. What happened is finished; those times may have shaped you into what you are today, but they certainly don’t have the power to control your future…unless you allow them to.
- Give up your need to have the best things. Everyone is always so worried about having the latest iPhone or the newest designer handbag. When you’re so focused on having the best, you completely forget about all the wonderful things you already do have.
- Give up comparing yourself to others. You will never be like anyone else, and why would you want to be? It’s so easy to compare yourself to another person, but it won’t get you anywhere. The truth is you are putting yourself down by sizing yourself up to your peers. Embrace who YOU are, because there isn’t anyone better that you can be.
- Give up over-analyzing situations. It can be so easy to constantly think about something you said or did that could be questionable. The reality of the matter is, what’s done is done. Instead of going over a situation again and again in your head, focus on the positives that could come out of your exchanges.
- Give up on relying on others to make you happy and fulfilled. You are in charge of your own wellness. Do not rely on other people to make you feel content — it’s your job to look inside yourself and understand what you want out of life.
13 Things to Get Rid of For a Happier Life was originally published on THE LOVESURF BLOG