We know the ocean makes the most beautiful natural beachy waves, but when you’re at the beach a lot, like most LoveSurf girls, you’re hair can definitely get damaged. The sun and salt can really do a number on your strands. Here’s a few tips to keep your hair healthy and split end-free at the beach:
- Use a high SPF sunscreen on your scalp and strands to protect you from getting burnt.
- Put coconut oil on the ends before you go in the water, this will protect them from splitting
- Wet your hair before getting in the water to keep you hair from absorbing salt water
- If you can, rinse with fresh water as soon as you get out of the ocean.
- As soon as you get out of the water spray with some type of nourishing treatment (Leave-in conditioner will work fine)
- Rinse with a cleansing shampoo, or because we prefer using natural products whenever we can, rinse your hair with Apple cider Vinegar after shampooing.
- Put coconut oil on the ends (not to much or your hair will go greasy)
- And don’t forget to use a deep conditioning treatment or hair mask once a week.
There are so many products out there made just for Sun, chlorine and Ocean care. Here are a few our LoveSurf girls have tried that work.
For shampooing use a sun and color protector such as Redken :Color extend sun product line.
Try to usa a deep conditioning mask once a week such as Joico K-pak intense hydrator
Moroccan oil is an essential. Use every morning or every night 2 pumps concentrating on the ends.
Use a repair spray whenever you get out of the water, such as Matrix Biolage Sunsorials After-Sun Repair Spray